Haifeng Zhang received his B.S degree from Department of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University and his second bachelor degree in ecnomics from National School of Development, Peking University in 2012. He is working on his Ph. D degree under the guidance of Professor Wenxin Li. His research interests include reinforcement learning, game AI, game theory and computational advertising.
- Haifeng Zhang, Jun Wang, Zhiming Zhou, Weinan Zhang, Ying Wen, Yong Yu, Wenxin Li. “Learning to Design Games: Strategic Environments in Deep Reinforcement Learning.” IJCAI. 2018.
- Yi Zhang, Houjun Huang, Haifeng Zhang, Ni Liao and Wenxin Li. “ICFVR 2017: 3rd International Competition on Finger Vein Recognition.” 2017 IEEE International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB). 2017.
- Zhang, Haifeng, Weinan Zhang, Yifei Rong, Kan Ren, Wenxin Li, Jun Wang. "Managing Risk of Bidding in Display Advertising." Proceedings of the Tenth ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM). ACM, 2017.
- Zhou, Haoyu, Yushan Zhou, Haifeng Zhang, Houjun Huang, and Wenxin Li. "Botzone: a competitive and interactive platform for game AI education." In Proceedings of the ACM Turing 50th Celebration Conference-China, p. 6. ACM, 2017.
- Ren, Kan, Weinan Zhang, Yifei Rong, Haifeng Zhang, Yong Yu, and Jun Wang. "User response learning for directly optimizing campaign performance in display advertising." Proceedings of the 25th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). ACM, 2016.
- Zhang, Haifeng, Dangyi Liu, and Wenxin Li. "General Game Playing：A Research Field for Exploring Machine Intelligence in Games." Journal of Software (In Chinese). 2015.
- Zhang, Haifeng, Dangyi Liu, and Wenxin Li. "Space-Consistent Game Equivalence Detection in General Game Playing." The IJCAI-15 Workshop on General Game Playing. 2015.
- Zhang, Haifeng, et al. "Botzone: A Game Playing System for Artificial Intelligence Education." Proceedings of the International Conference on Frontiers in Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering (FECS). 2012.
- Lin, Shu, Qinjian Zhang, and Haifeng Zhang. "Object representation in angry birds game." IJCAI-13 Workshop. 2013.
- borzone.org, which is an online game AI competition platform widely applied in CS courses in various universities (including Peking university, Renmin University of China and Beijing University of Posts and telecommunications) and top algorithm competitions (including National Olympiad in Informatics and ACM/ICPC).
- General Game Playing System, which is a general game AI designed to play various games described by Game Description Language (GDL).
Honor and Awards
- Award for Scientific Research of PKU, 2015
- Miaozhen Academic Scholarship, 2013
- IBM Academic Scholarship, 2011
- Tencent Academic Scholarship, 2010
- Gold Medal of ACM/ICPC Regional Contest in Asia, 2009
- First Prize of Peking University Mathematical Modeling Contest, 2009
- Designer of written examination of National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Designer and organizer of AI competition of National Olympiad in Informatics (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Teaching assistant of several courses in Peking University, including Data Structure and Algorithm (2013), Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (2013), Algorithm Analysis (2013, 2014), General Game Playing (2015), Algorithms in Game AI (2018).
- Member of Peking University ACM team (2009)